The government has just announced new restrictions to Lancashire, including Preston following a significant rise in the number of cases.
The current restrictions for Preston (implemented 7 August) remain in place. This means that:
- You cannot have others in your homes and gardens
- You cannot visit other people's homes or gardens, even if they are in an unaffected area
- You are not permitted to mix with other households in indoor venues (including homes, bars, restaurants and cafes)
The new measures will come into effect Tuesday 22 September. These additional regulations mean the following must also be adhered to:
- Residents should not socialise with other people outside of their own household or support bubble in all outdoor public spaces including parks
- Limit bars and restaurants to table service only
- Leisure and entertainment venues, including restaurants, pubs, and cinemas, must close between 10pm and 5am
A number of areas of guidance have also been introduced which residents are strongly urged to comply with. These are:
- Only use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Not to attend amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
For more information please visit the Preston City Council website.