Contents insurance

contents insurance

Community Gateway Association does not automatically insure your furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes. So we've arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd, a home contents insurance scheme only for tenants or leaseholders of Community Gateway Association, to give you financial protection should these types of events happen. You also have the choice to make your own home insurance arrangements.

You have a home full of things that you need and love – clothes, TV, kitchen appliances, keepsakes, furniture, and gadgets. At Community Gateway we offer you home contents insurance that will provide you with an affordable way to protect your valuables. 

As your landlord, we insure the building and anything we provide, but we don’t cover your home’s contents and belongings. If you needed help with the cost of putting things right after a kitchen fire, a washing machine flood, or a break in it could be expensive. But don’t worry – tenants' contents insurance financially protects your home’s contents. 

Prices start from as little as 51p per week, £1.53 per month, or £18.60 a year** for contents insurance.

**Prices shown are for £4000 of contents insurance cover, based on postcode area and include a transaction fee. They exclude accidental damage and optional covers. The price you pay will depend on your individual circumstances, postcode and cover chosen (RSA price data June 2023).

What you need to know about RSA’s tenants' contents insurance:

  • Tenants' contents insurance protects the contents in your home, garage, and shed.
  • You can pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or annually – whatever suits you best.
  • No nasty surprises - no excess on claims and no fees for changing your details or cancelling your policy.
  • You can upgrade your cover to protect your home’s contents against accidental damage.
  • You have the option to protect your belongings whilst away from your home, and if you have them, you can also cover your bicycles, hearing aids, and wheelchair/ mobility scooter(s) whilst away from your home.

Ready to find out more?

If you think tenants' contents insurance sounds like a good idea, you can find out more and apply today:

Submitting a claim

We know that submitting a claim for home contents insurance can be very stressful.

To help the process you can now access an online claims portal provided by the insurer. You can use the portal to submit a claim and track its process – all in one place.

You can access the claims portal  here or you can call the Davies Group on 03456 718 171 (charged at a local rate) for updates and notifications.