We provide support and investment to local community groups and partners to deliver services that benefit our customers and communities, helping to make our neighbourhoods great places to live.
One way we do this is through our Community Fund.
Who can apply?
Both constituted and non-constituted groups operating within one of our local community areas.
How much can I apply for?
Constituted groups can apply for up to £1,000 per project and non-constituted groups up to £500 to support the delivery of activities that enhance the wellbeing of individuals and increase the services being delivered within our local communities.
What projects will you fund?
We will fund any projects which support the achievement of our Community Engagement priorities, helping individuals and groups to:
- Increase their income
- Develop personal skills
- Improve digital skills
- Access to employment, education, or training
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Reduce social isolation
- Reduce anti-social behaviour
- Improve community cohesion
- Support tenancy sustainment
- Increase community resilience and pride
- Make CGA communities more desirable places to live
Who makes the decision on whether applications are successful?
Our tenant panel meets quarterly to make decisions on applications and has recently developed the fund to introduce a COVID element that allows decisions to be made within 5 working days for projects up to £500 that directly respond to the pandemic.
I have a great idea but don’t know where to start?
No problem – share your idea with us via our quick and easy form below and a member of our team will be in contact to support you through the process.
I am not part of a group but have a great idea for my local community, can I apply?
Definitely! Our team will support you to submit your application and deliver your project. We want to empower local communities and residents to take a lead in developing projects which meet their needs and our team is on hand to provide support.
When is the next round of applications?
The next round of applications closes Monday 28th June with the panel meeting on the 8th July.
COVID applications may be submitted at any time.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
We will let you know within 5 working days of the panel meeting whether you have been successful.
What will I have to do once I have been awarded funding?
Once money has been allocated a member of our team will be assigned to your project, they will link in with you and provide support every step of the way to help you maximise the success of the project.
Will I need to complete an evaluation for my project?
Yes, we have a simple end-of-project evaluation form that our team will support you to complete. Our panel really wants to hear how the money has made a difference to our local communities. This is usually completed at the end of each project or quarterly depending on the length of the project.
I have been awarded money from the Community Fund before can I apply again?
Absolutely – we welcome applications for new projects all the time.
I need more than £1,000 for my project, should I still apply?
Yes – our team is on hand to support you to access other external funding streams to ensure your project is deliverable.
What projects have you funded before?
Over the last 12-months our Community Fund has awarded over £12,000 to local groups including:
- £500 to support the delivery of food parcels through Larches and Savick Community Group
- £500 towards online music lessons delivered by Soundskills in the Ribbleton area during the pandemic
- £500 to help sustain the delivery of SAHARA’s Covid19 Helpline – providing individual support to families living within the Fishwick. St.Matts and Deepdale area
- £1000 to fund the delivery of the ‘All good in da hood’ summer project through Preston United
- £500 to support the delivery of boxing sessions in the Plungington area
- £1,000 match funding to enable the delivery of the £6,000 Kids in the Kitchen project – providing ingredients and access to training to enable families to learn how to cook healthy nutritious meals together
- £850 to support the creation of a basketball group for ladies aged 30 years and over from a black, Asian and minority ethnic
- £500 to support the delivery of hygiene packs during the pandemic to 75 families
If you think your project/idea would qualify for support, then please get in touch by completing the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
To apply for funding please complete the form below.