The Big Get Together & Annual General Meeting 2024 - Registration Now Open


Maximise your income

We know that money worries can be very stressful and sometimes difficult to talk about. It is important to know you are not alone and speaking out is the first step towards getting the help and support you need.

Taking the time to manage your money better can really pay off. It can help you stay on top of your bills and save you money. The extra savings can be used to pay off any debts you might have, used towards your savings, or spent on your next car or holiday.

The Money Advice Service have a budget planner to help you work out your finances and money managing tips so you can take control of your finances.

We are aware that the cost of living rises are hitting people hard. The Government has announced several grants to try to help make your money go further. Some of the support available for workers, benefit claimants, people with disabilities and pensioners can be found below.

Cost of Living Payments

You may be able to get up to five payments to help with the cost of living if you are getting certain benefits or tax credits.

To be entitled to up to 3 cost of living payments you must be in receipt of:

  • Income based Jobseekers allowance (JSA)
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
Warm Home Discount

Some customers will be entitled to receive a warm home discount of £150 off their electricity bill for Winter 23/24. This scheme has not yet opened, and further details will be provided as soon as they are released.

Benefit Check

Speak with our Tenancy Support team on 0800 953 0213 (option 4) and have a benefit check. It is estimated that around £19bn a year in welfare benefits goes unclaimed. £7.5bn of this is unclaimed Universal Credit.

Household Support Fund

If you are struggling to pay for essentials like food and heating you may be able to apply to your local council for help from the Household Support Fund. Each council has its own criteria and application process.

Check with your local council to find out what support is available or you can call our Tenancy Support team on 0800 953 0213 (option 4) who will be happy to help you make an application.