Who we are
Community Gateway is a not-for-profit community-based housing association set up to meet the housing needs of people in Preston and the surrounding areas. Our formal name is Community Gateway Association or CGA for short.
We are about creating vibrant, friendly and diverse communities where people want to live, work and play.
As the largest social housing landlord in the city, we provide so much more than a roof for our tenants. Our services include:
- Investing in improving the quality of homes
- Developing thriving neighbourhoods with attractive green spaces
- Providing tenancy advice and support
- Tackling anti-social behaviour and dealing with neighbourhood issues
- Working with community groups to develop them into real neighbourhood “hubs”
- Delivering a benefit support service to maximise the income of our tenants
- Delivering a support package for the most vulnerable, which includes providing food, white goods, mental health support etc
- Hosting community events and activities to bring people together, create a sense of community and tackle social isolation
- Working with local communities to build individuals' skills, knowledge and confidence
We make sure that tenants influence they way we deliver our services, where we invest our money and shape our priorities. As a Community Gateway model organisation, our tenants are at the heart of all we do.
Giving people the opportunity to contribute towards how we work and influence the business is vital to the success of our organisation. We recognise and value the wide range of skills, experiences and talents within our membership and workforce and are constantly looking to evolve and enhance the way we do things.
Our Role as an Anchor Institution
Investing in our local communities and partners is fundamental to Community Gateway and is right at the heart of our social purpose. Our strong social ethos is underpinned by the principals of mutuality, accountability and engagement which we live out daily through our partnership-working and investment in the local economy and environment.
We work in partnership with our partners and all stakeholders across the region to build thriving, sustainable communities. We are proud of our role as the largest landlord and an important anchor institution in Preston.