Who we are
Community Gateway is a not-for-profit community-based housing association set up to meet the housing needs of people in Preston and the surrounding areas. It’s formal name is Community Gateway Association or CGA for short.
We are about creating vibrant, friendly and diverse communities where people want to live, work and play.
As the largest social housing landlord in the city, we provide so much more than a roof for our tenants; Our services include:
- Investing in improving the quality of homes
- Developing thriving neighbourhoods with attractive green spaces
- Providing tenancy advice and support
- Tackling anti-social behaviour and dealing with neighbourhood issues
- Working with community groups to develop them into real neighbourhood “hubs”
- Delivering a benefit support service to maximise the income of our tenants
- Delivering a support package for the most vulnerable, which includes providing food, white goods, mental health support etc
- Supportline services for those in our sheltered accommodation and others in private accommodation who need a little extra reassurance
- Hosting community events and activities to bring people together, create a sense of community and tackle social isolation
- Delivering a comprehensive employment support programme
- Providing a heavily subsidised mini-bus “Penny” for use by community groups
- Working with local communities to build individuals' skills, knowledge and confidence
- And so much more….
We make sure that tenants influence they way we deliver our services, where we invest our money and shape our priorities. As a Community Gateway model organisation, our tenants are at the heart of all we do.
Giving people the opportunity to contribute towards how we work and influence the business is vital to the success of our organisation. We recognise and value the wide range of skills, experiences and talents within our membership and workforce and are constantly looking to evolve and enhance the way we do things.
CGA is 15
On 28th November 2005, Preston City Council tenants were asked to vote in one of the most important ballots they would ever take part in and Community Gateway was born!
In November 2020 we celebrated 15 years since our journey began and we are proud to have delivered on our transfer promises and the many successes along the way. It’s always the voice of our tenants that drives the direction of CGA – indeed our current Chair of the Board is a tenant in one of our sheltered schemes. It’s by listening to our customers that we ensure we deliver the services you want in the way that you want.
Have a look through the timeline below, highlighting some of the milestones over the last 15 years!