How to make a comment, complaint or compliment
We welcome your comments, complaints and compliments to help us improve our services. You can find how to give us your feedback below.
Our Complaints Process
- You can send your feedback using the form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer to speak to a member of our team please call us on 0800 953 0213 (option 6)
You can also contact the Housing Ombudsman for support and advice during any stage of the complaints process if you feel that your complaint is not being handled fairly or appropriately. If you would like to raise any issues with the Housing Ombudsman you can call them on 0300 111 300. Alternatively please visit their website.
Further information on our comments, complaints and compliments procedure can be found in the documents below.
Compliments and Complaints update
We are committed to providing the best possible service to all our customers, but we know we’re not perfect and sometimes we might get things wrong. If you are unhappy with any part of our service, it’s important that you let us know - if you don’t tell us, we cannot try to put it right.
It is also great to hear when we have provided you with excellent service and we really appreciate it when you take the time to let us know when we’ve exceeded your expectations.
In the last year we received 81 complaints, with approximately 65% of these being upheld or partially upheld. Many of these complaints have resulted in changes to our procedures or working practices, as well as additional training for our colleagues.
We always strive to learn from your feedback, and we have made several changes as a result including:
- Changes made to how we monitor contractors to ensure their quality of work and customer service is checked and recorded effectively.
- The procedure for when tenants do not allow us access to their home was updated and amended so it was clear and easy for colleagues to follow.
- Teams were re-trained in our procedure for when tenants do not allow us access to their home for gas servicing.
- Worked with the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) to look at our website and other communications to ensure our services are accessible to those with visual impairments.
- Additional checks are being carried out on Community Gateway owned land that has become a target for fly-tipping.
- Updated our Damp, Mould and Condensation policy and procedure, with additional information and advice provided on our website.
- Additional information will be provided to tenants and residents when works are taking place in communal areas around your homes to ensure you are fully informed.
In the last year, we also received 67 compliments about the services we provide and the people who work for us. Gateway PropertyCare received the most compliments, with tenants praising their high-quality work in your home and great customer service.
Please do get in touch in whatever way suits you if you need to make a complaint or want to inform us about any concerns you have, we are here to help and want to improve our services to provide you with the best service we can.