Frequently asked questions - Find a home

How do I apply for a home?

We use a choice-based lettings system called Select Move. It is simple to use and you choose which properties you want to be considered for. Find out more by visiting the Homes to Rent section.

Do CGA offer independent living schemes/sheltered housing?

CGA offer a range of accommodation which gives you the option of a supported lifestyle. If you’re aged 50 or above and looking for a safe, secure home that also allows you to maintain your freedom, we can help. Find out more by visiting the Independent Living Schemes section.

How can I swap homes with another tenant?

You can swap homes with a tenant of a housing association or a tenant of another council. You can apply or search online for a Mutual Exchange by using the property search on Select Move and selecting mutual exchange.

Once you have found someone to exchange with, we will come to visit you at your property to check you are eligible to apply for mutual exchange. Unfortunately, if you have rent arrears, cause anti-social behaviour or have made any alterations to your property without permission, you will not be able to apply.

If you need any further help applying for a Mutual Exchange give us a call on 0800 953 0213 or visit the Exchange your home section.