Getting Ready for Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now, including:

  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

Within your Universal Credit payment, you may receive money for your rent. This is known as your ‘Housing Element’.   

This may not cover all of your rent, but you are still responsible to make sure all of your rent is paid using other income you have coming in.

If you need any further information about Universal Credit, or would like to know if you can claim this benefit, please contact our Rent Recovery or Tenancy Support Team. 

If you have recently made a claim for Universal Credit, please contact us on 0800 953 0213 or fill in our online form.