Welcome to The Courtyards, Preston's first extra care development built and designed with you in mind. Specially designed for people over 55, The Courtyards offers freedom and choice with community and support services close by. This means you can continue to enjoy an independent lifestyle, without having to move if your personal needs change over time.
The complex offers affordable purpose-built accommodation that is both modern and comfortable, finished to a high standard with eye-catching interior design and furnishing. Set in beautiful, landscaped grounds, The Courtyards offers 20 one-bedroom and 40 two-bedroom apartments and benefits from on-site housing support, a 24/7 care service, as well as a light and contemporary bistro, a hair and beauty salon, treatment and consultation rooms and a diverse programme of activities for all to enjoy. All flats have either outdoor space or balcony areas which many residents have already made into gardens to be proud of The entire complex is accessible, with wide corridors, lifts and flat surfaces meaning there are no issues if you have limited mobility either now or in the future.
The onsite care service at The Courtyards will comprise of two elements:
- A core service, commissioned by Lancashire County Council (LCC) and paid for by all residents, which includes a 24-hour care wellbeing service and any unplanned care which needs to be delivered in an emergency.
- Individual care packages which residents can arrange themselves to meet their individual needs. Residents will have complete choice over which organisation delivers their individual care package. A core service charge is included within the cost of living at The Courtyards which will either be funded by LCC or your personal budget.
Who can apply to live at The Courtyards?
Age: We welcome anyone are aged 55 years or older. In the case of joint applications (spouse or partner), both parties must be 55 years or older.
Care and Support Needs: You will need to demonstrate that you meet one or a combination of the following criteria in addition to being over 55:
- Require assistance with daily living tasks and/or personal care
- Your present living situation is no longer suitable because of layout or because care and/or other facilities cannot be readily, practically or economically provided there
- You require extra care housing services which are not available in your current home, or available to a sufficient the appropriate level
- You require the provision of more intensive, 24/7 onsite care and housing support services
- You are vulnerable and at risk and would truly benefit from housing support and care services, but your current care package is limited or non-existent; this may include socially isolated people
- Will have care and/or housing support needs because of frailty, long term illness or a range of physical difficulties or disabilities
- Have a degenerative condition where an early move could prolong independence and maintain or improve your quality of life
- Have care and/or housing support needs because of dementia, mental illness, and learning disabilities or some other type of cognitive impairment
- Are applying jointly because one person wishes to provide care to the other (e.g. one individual partner/spouse with learning disabilities/care support needs).
Your tenancy agreement is the legal contract that describes your rights and responsibilities (as the tenant) and our rights and responsibilities (as the landlord).
It also tells you about the services you can expect from us. If you have any questions about your tenancy agreement please contact us on 0800 953 0213
Below you will find some more information leaflets about The Courtyards.
If the information you are looking for is not covered in the leaflets provided, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 953 0213 and we will be happy to help.