Support Hub

The health and wellbeing of our customers and local communities is always our priority. Now more than ever, we know you might need that little bit of extra help, so we are pleased to launch our dedicated support line to be there for you during these unprecedented times.

If you are a CGA tenant and are struggling or need help, please contact us straight away.

Please do let us know when you get in touch, whether you have received an NHS letter requiring you to shield. 

For all non-tenants please contact Preston City Council's support hub on 01772 906777 or email 

Our dedicated team are on hand to provide advice across a range of areas including:

  • Access to food and medicine
  • Advice on welfare benefits 
  • Help to get support with your gas and electricity 
  • Support if you are feeling lonely 
  • Support for your physical and mental wellbeing 
  • Access to useful local services 
  • Access to employment and training opportunities 

We are working in partnership with a number of local organisations who are providing support during this time and will look to refer you on to one of our trusted partners if we can’t deal with your query in-house.

Help in Preston is a good website which holds information on a range of topics that you might find useful at this time .

If you are isolating the NHS Volunteer Support provide support in a range of areas, including access to food, prescriptions or are on hand just fort a chat, they can be contacted on 08081 963 646          

We also have listed other useful links below as well as here, where you will be able to self-refer or find the support and information you need quickly and directly yourself.

Access To Food

Access to food  Food image

If you are shielding and have no support to access food please contact Preston City Council on 01772 906777

Our Purple Pantry is open from 1pm-4pm, Monday-Friday. For more information, click here.

If you are self-isolating and have no support from friends or family, you might find one of the services below helpful: 

  • Holme Farm Dairies - Doorstep delivery of milk and eggs (over the phone card payment) - Please call 01772 335595


pharmacy Information on how you can get prescriptions during this time can be found on the following sites or from contacting your local chemist: NHS Pharmacies

Lloyds Pharmacy website 

Financial advice (including welfare benefits) 

Money Our specialist welfare advice team can provide welfare benefit support to customers. Please click here  Your Money Section to find out more or contact us to request a call back from the team. 

The Government provides is the main and most reputable source of advice and guidance during this time. Please visit their website at Government Website. Here you can access  information regarding Universal Credit and the support available to those who have found themselves out of work during this time. To claim Universal Credit please visit Universal Credit 


Get help with your utility bills

If you are struggling to top up a utility meter due to having no money or self-isolation then please contact your provider directly. For those with a pre-paid meter they will send you out two weeks worth of gas / electric or if you have a smart meter they will top you up. 

  • BRITISH GAS 0333 202 9802
  • EDF 0333 200 5100
  • EON 0345 052 000
  • N POWER 0800 073 3000
  • SCOTTISH POWER 0800 027 0072
  • SSE 0345 026 2658

United Utilities have information available on their website if you are struggling to pay your water bill, please visit them here: United Utilities

The Citizens’ Advice Bureau has up to date advice and information on grants available to support you access utilities during this time. Citizens Advice Energy Bills info


Support for those feeling lonely or isolated 

There are a number of local befriending services available:

  • Lancashire Volunteer Partnership (LVP) – Offers a telephone befriending service from one of their trained volunteers Lancashire Volunteer Partnership Website / 07432 629047
  • ICANN – Offers a free telephone friendship service and they also offer support for completing benefit forms - 01772 746061 
  • Age Concern – Offers  a befriending service for the elderly during this time . AgeConcern Website


Support for the elderly 

Elderly Man on bench Age Concern Central Lancashire is offering support to the elderly to protect their physical, social and mental wellbeing during the pandemic. They are providing practical support to those having to self-isolate, including help with shopping, benefits assessments, preparing meals and a befriending service. Please contact them on 01772 552850 (option 0) or visit Age is just a number website


Support for physical and mental wellbeing 


All medical advice and assistance should be directed through your Doctor (GP) or the NHS 111 service. If your concerns are not medical, our free Tenant Support and Wellbeing Service (TSWS) provides round the clock confidential information, advice and counselling and can be contacted on Freephone 0330 094 8845.

For information on how to support good physical and mental health please click here Wellbeing Tips or visit one of the websites listed below or call the number given for support. 

  • The Mental Health foundation have tips and advice on how to look after your mental health during this time. Read more here: Mental
  • The Haven, Preston-based mental health support for individuals aged 16 years and above. Call 0330 008 3672 or visit: Richmond Fellowship Website
  • Mind – Online mental health support and guidance: 
  • Active Lancashire - Facilitates home-based exercise
  • Challenge through Sport Initiative ‘Couch to Out’ – Daily virtual exercise and wellbeing videos including yoga (chair based), fitness, crafts, chit chat, cooking on a budget – search ‘Challenge through Sport Initiative’ on Facebook. 
  • Lancashire Care, Wellbeing and Mental Health helpline - An information and listening service, available Monday - Friday 7pm-11pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm-12am: 0800 915 4640 (FREEPHONE)
  • Panchos Place charity - Phone and online support, advice and guidance to those isolated and significantly worried about their mental health.  Email / Panchos Place website

Addiction Support 



Domestic Violence support

Don’t suffer in silence. Domestic abuse is wrong and nobody deserves it. Everyone has the right to live free from fear, intimidation and abuse, especially within their own home. Our Tenancy Management Team can offer advice and support to victims of domestic abuse who are Community Gateway tenants and we can refer you to specialist services for help. To find out more please Domestic Violence  or contact us directly to request support. 

We are proud at CGA that we support Preston Domestic Violence Services (PDVS). PDVS supports adults and children experiencing (or having experienced) Domestic Violence, please call them on 01772 201601 or visit  Preston Domestic Violence Services website

Lancashire Victim Service - Offers online support and advice via their website: Lancashire Victim Services

Access to employment 

Jobs application

If you have found yourself out of work or are trying to secure employment during this time our Gateway2Employment colleagues are on hand to help. Offering one-to-one telephone and digital support they can help you to complete application forms and give advice and guidance about local opportunities. For more information or to visit some of the local job opportunities please click Skills and Employment


Disclaimer: Please note that CGA works closely with a number of the organisations and support providers which you may be referred to by our Support Hub or choose to contact yourself after visiting our website.  However, in no event will Community Gateway Association be liable to you or anyone else for the quality of service or any damages which you may suffer as a result of contacting or receiving a product or service from a third party organisation.