Become a Digital Champion
Do you enjoy helping others?
Do you like meeting new people?
Do you want to boost your career prospects?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to hear from you!
At Community Gateway, we are committed to ensuring that all of our tenants have the opportunity to get online. We are looking to recruit a number of Digital Champions to help facilitate the delivery of free training and support events in the community.
One of the main fears of new digital champions is that they don’t know enough to help others. Don’t worry if your knowledge isn’t perfect. You can also learn when you’re helping someone.
What kind of person would make a great Digital Champion?
- Awareness of services available online
- Enthusiastic, patient and a good listener
- Have basic computer skills
- Able to clearly communicate
- Ability to adapt to individual needs
- Able to travel locally to one of our community centres in the Preston area
What’s in it for you?
- All the training you need to become a certified Digital Champion
- A great opportunity to build on your current skills and add to your C.V
- Expenses whilst carrying out Digital Champion duties
- Awards and incentives for all Digital Champions*
What kind of duties will you carry out?
- Supporting individuals who need assistance getting online
- Helping people to get the most out of their devices
- Facilitating small groups to carry out online training through our platform ‘Learn My Way’ alongside CGA staff.
For an informal chat or to find out more, contact Thomas Maughan on 07976 756 115 or email Thomas.Maughan@communitygateway.co.uk. There is no formal interview process, but you will be required to fill out a short application form.
Virtual Voices are individual tenants who respond to emails from Community Gateway staff, asking them to give their views and opinions which are then used to shape and improve our services.
If you want a quick, easy and convenient way of giving your views on our services, you can become a Virtual Voice. Just email us using the information below and we will contact you when we need your views on specific subjects relating to your home and housing service. Your feedback will be used to make improvements, where needed and relevant.
So far our Virtual Voices have helped with a wide range of projects, including:
- Completing digital surveys
- Reviewing new leaflets before they are printed and sent to tenants
- Providing feedback on hot topics
Join our virtual voices group by clicking here
Tenant Facebook Group
Our Facebook Group is used to discuss topics and share information.
We hold regular live Q&A sessions and polls and talk to tenants on a regular basis. Think of it as our virtual meeting room. To join this group you must be a current CGA tenant living in one of our properties. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CGAEngagement/
Gateway Central Member
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Community Gateway tenants to join our Gateway Central volunteer panel.
Gateway Central is a strategic tenant committee responsible for overseeing tenant engagement, customer facing business performance and a whole range of other areas of the business.
We are looking for enthusiastic, performance driven tenants with a keen interest in housing and a desire to improve the services Community Gateway provides for their tenants and communities.
Your role will also include overseeing tenant and community consultations, including reporting back to board and overseeing policies and procedures. In return we will provide you with all the relevant training as well as mentoring and coaching as part of your role.
This is a great opportunity for you to build on your current skills, add this experience to your CV and make a real difference on issues that matter to you.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we want to know all about you. For an informal chat about this exciting opportunity, please contact Kirstie Sherrington, Business Support Officer on 01772 268123 or email email@example.com