Safeguarding is about protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from abuse and neglect. It is also about doing as much as possible to prevent abuse happening by raising awareness and understanding.
At CGA we care about your wellbeing and will always help you live in a safe environment. You can contact us for advice and support on 0800 953 0213. All the information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Reporting a Safeguarding concern
If you or the person you are concerned about is in immediate danger or you suspect a crime is being or has been committed, call 999 immediately and ask for the Police.
What signs to look out for?
Some signs to look for in contact with individuals at risk of harm or abuse include:
- Unusual injuries including bruises, burns, fractures, bite marks or signs of self-harm
- Consistent poor hygiene, poor living conditions or inappropriate clothing
- Communicating aggressively or using sexual language
- Appearing withdrawn, guarded, anxious or frightened, particularly around certain individuals
- Hearing or seeing shouting, violence or intimidation
- Adults keeping children or adults in need of support, from view.
Did you know?
- Our Tenancy Management team have a dedicated Safeguarding Officer.
- We attend several multiagency meetings to work with partners across the city to meet the needs of our most vulnerable people.
- Our anti-social behaviour reporting App allows you to report your concerns directly to our Tenancy Management team.
Download the ASB Reporting app
Search ‘Remote Reporting’ and download on the Android and Apple app store. You will need to set up an account and then scan the QR code below to get started. If you have any problems, please contact the Tenancy Management team on 0800 953 0213.