Community Gateway Association are proud to be official adopters of Together with Tenants, which aims to strengthen the relationship between residents and housing association landlords.
Together with Tenants is a sector-wide initiative focused on strengthening the relationship between residents and housing association landlords. Community Gateway Association have already adopted the charter during the early adopter process and now as a Together with Tenants official adopter, we will continue working with residents to consult on the four-point-plan and the Together with Tenants Charter.
The four-point-plan includes:
- The National Housing Federation Code of Governance to ensure that Boards are accountable to residents
- A new Together with Tenants Charter
- Residents to monitor our progress against the Charter
- Giving residents a stronger voice with the Regulator
Housing associations that adopt the charter commit to:
- Relationships – Housing associations will treat all residents with respect in all their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication – Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from their housing association on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organisation is working to address problems, how the organisation is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence – Views from residents will be sought and valued and this information will be used to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by their housing association on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability – Collectively, residents will work in partnership with their housing association to independently scrutinise and hold their housing association to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality – Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- When things go wrong – Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
We are very excited about our Together with Tenants Commitments and look forward to launching them and sharing them with our tenants in the near future.
To find out more about Together with Tenants, visit housing.org.uk/tenants