We know that rising gas and electricity prices are a real cause for concern at the moment. It is always worth adjusting your energy use even if it only saves you a few pounds a year.
Here are some simple steps you can take to reduce your energy bills.
- Only boil as much water in your kettle as you need.
- Do not leave the tap running when having a wash, shaving or brushing your teeth.
- When replacing your light bulbs, buy energysaving ones. They will help you cut your energy bills down easily.
- Remember to switch off lights when you leave the room.
- Only run your washing machine and dishwasher when they’re full and use energy-efficient settings.
- Don’t leave things like televisions and microwaves on standby as they still use electricity.
- Don’t leave laptops and mobile phones charging unnecessarily and unplug charger cables when they are not in use.
If you’re worrying about the price of your energy bills, there are lots of government initiatives available, find out more by calling our Tenancy Support team on 0800 953 0213.