Keep up to date with all the events and campaigns during September.
Dates on the calendar:
- Sion Park Employers Fair (1st September) - The Employment and Skills team are running a job fair at Sion Park Community Hub, 11am-1pm, for anyone who is currently unemployed and looking for work in the local Preston area.
- Savick ASB Event (2nd September) - The Tenancy Management team will be joined by the Neighbourhood Policing team at Oaktree Court between 5pm and 7pm. This is an opportunity for residents of Larches and Savick to drop in and chat to the teams about how we are tackling ASB in the area, report issues and find out how we can support them. If you wish to speak to a member of the Tenancy Management Team, email Tenancy.Management@communitygateway.co.uk or 080 953 0213. Reports to the police can be made through 101 or 999 in an emergency.
- Starts at Home Day (3rd September) - A day when housing associations up and down the country celebrate supported housing and the positive impact it makes on thousands of lives.
- Preston Mela 2021 (4th September) - The Preston City Mela is a vibrant celebration of South Asian arts, culture, tradition, and heritage. The event located on the Flag Market and in the Harris Museum, is bursting with performances and traditional South Asian music and dancing.
- AGM 2021 (9th September) - The AGM is a fantastic opportunity to have your say on issues that will affect your life, home and community. It is also your chance to hear from our Directors and put your questions to them. If you would like to join the AGM, please RSVP by 3rd September to Elaine Platt on 01772 268013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yom Kippur (13th September) – The most solemn of Jewish religious holidays, observed on the 10th day of the lunar month of Tishri (in the course of September and October), when Jews seek to expiate their sins and achieve reconciliation with God.
- Gas Safety Week (13th – 19th September) - An annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances.
- The BIBAs 2021 (17th September) - A celebration of some of the most exciting companies and entrepreneurs based in Lancashire, showcasing their success stories and highlighting Lancashire’s position as a world-class business community. This year, Preston Vocational Centre are finalists for the "Education Establishment of the Year" award!
- National Inclusion Week (27th September – 3rd October) - Designed to celebrate everyday inclusion in all its forms. This is the 9th year Inclusive Employers has brought organisations together from across the globe to celebrate, share and inspire inclusion practices.