Keep up to date with all the events and campaigns during May.
Dates on the calendar:
- Fishwick Day of Action (1st May 11am-2pm) - CGA colleagues will be joined by the neighbourhood Policing team, partner agencies and voluntary groups, outside Preston Community Hub, the old YMCA building; all keen to hear from local people about the issues that matter to them.
- National Walking Month (1st – 31st May) - May is National Walking Month and it's the perfect opportunity to get outside, start moving, and improve your health and wellbeing. Lots of CGA colleagues will be taking part in Race at Your Pace as part of National Walking Month, aiming to walk as many miles as they can throughout the whole of May.
- Mental Health Awareness Week(10th – 16th May) – Raising Awareness of the importance of mental health and helping to end the stigma attached to it. The theme for 2021 is ‘nature’ – how is the environment central to our psychological and emotional health, and how does it affect us?
- Northern Housing Awards(13th May) – CGA has been shortlisted for the Northern Housing Awards ‘Best Resident Involvement Initiative’ 2021 award. The winners are announced on this date and we have everything crossed that it will be good news! Keep an eye on our social media as the night unfolds.
- Eid Al Fitr (13th / 14th May) - Also called the "Festival of Breaking the Fast" or Lesser Eid, is a religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of the month-long dawn-to-sunset fasting of Ramadan. Muslim’s celebrate by going to the mosque or staying home to perform a special Eid prayer.