Keep up to date with all the events and campaigns during March.
Dates on the calendar:
- National Careers Week - (1st-6th March) - A celebration of careers guidance which aims to provide support to people of all ages get into work. The CGA campaign will highlight the amazing work our Employability team does for people in our communities in order to get the support and advice needed to get into work.
- St David’s Day (1st March) – St David, the Patron Saint of Wales, is celebrated with special concerts and parades. Usually Welsh people also wear one or both of Wales's national emblems - a daffodil and a leek.
- World Book Day (4th March) - World Book Day changes lives through a love of books and shared reading. Their mission is to promote reading for pleasure, offering every child and young person the opportunity to have a book of their own.
- Employee Appreciation Day (5th March) – Colleagues are thanked for their hard work throughout the year. We will be making good use of our Gateway Rewards programme through e-cards and awards.
- International Women’s Day (8th March) - A global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
- National No Smoking Day (10th March) – A national day intended to help smokers who want to quit smoking.
- Mothering Sunday (14th March)
- St Patrick’s Day (17th March) – St Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland, is remembered by a celebration of Irish culture with parades, special foods, music, dancing, drinking and a whole lot of green.
- Global Recycling Day (18th March) – A day to recognise, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.
- First Day of Spring (20th March)
- Debt Awareness Week (22nd-28th March) – The aim is to help people talk more openly about debt-related issues. We will be showcasing how we support you.
- Clocks go Forwards (28th March) - Clocks turn forward one hour at 12am.