This content was last updated on 16 October 2020 at 13:30pm.
The Government has declared that Preston (and Lancashire as a whole) is a "Tier 3, Very High Alert" area according to the Government Covid Alert system.
This will come into effect from midnight tonight Friday 16th October. The Tier 3 regulations are in addition to national restrictions, the following rules apply in Preston:
- You must not socialise with anybody you do not live with, except those you have formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting or in any private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues and ticketed events
- You must not socialise in a group of more than six in an outdoor public space such as a park or beach, the countryside, a public garden or a sports venue
- All pubs and bars must close, unless they serve substantial meals (such as a main lunchtime or evening meal)
- People are being advised not to travel into or out of Tier 3 areas, other than for work, education, youth services or because of caring responsibilities.
Additional measures are planned from Monday 19 October, as follows:
- All licenced clubs, the adult gaming industry, casinos, bingo halls, bookmakers, betting shops and soft play areas must close
- Universities must move to distanced learning wherever possible
- Car boot sales are not permitted.
The restrictions do not affect businesses such as Community Gateway, we will continue to deliver our services for our tenants and closely monitor and follow the advice on working in and around other peoples homes.
We will update this page and our social media, if there is any impact on CGA services.