CGA Greener, Cleaner Days is a series of new events coming this October with the aim of improving environmental appearance and promoting wellbeing and healthy living for our residents.
On Tuesday 2nd October we will be at St Bernards Club on Larches Estate and on Thursday 4th October 2018 at the Community Centre on Grange Estate.
Both events will run from 10am – 3pm, so come along and join in the fun!
We’ll be addressing key environmental issues in the areas including recycling, fly tipping, dog fouling, garden conditions and unlawful structures.
At the first event at St. Bernard's Club, we will also be holding a Food Hub.
Working with partner organisations which include Preston City Council, Lancashire Fire and Rescue, Cross Gates Church and Lancashire Constabulary, activities will include:
- Recycling advice, information and education through schools and on the street
- Dog chipping and advice on responsible pet ownership
- Provision of skips
- “Larder” to educate on healthy eating
- Door to door consultation
- Improvement of residents gardens and properties
- Grounds maintenance and shrub bed improvements