Buying school uniforms every year can be a heavy financial burden in normal times and even more so during the current pandemic. That’s why we are collecting primary and secondary uniforms for any schools across Preston, allowing us to place them with families who may need that little extra support ahead of the new term in September.
We are here to help you and will deal with everyone discreetly and in absolute confidence. There could be even more ways we can help, so please get in touch with our friendly team for a chat.
Thanks to the Lancashire COVID-19 Community Support Fund and National Emergencies Trust we have been able to add a few more exciting items to our offer:
- Every child is guaranteed to receive two new shirts/polo tops and new socks.
- Primary school children will receive a lunch box and water bottle.
- High school children will receive a fully equipped stationery pack and a toiletries pack.
If we don’t have the items you need in stock, we will do our best to source them on a case by case basis.
Thank you to our fantastic partners across Preston who have supported us through what has been a busy time for them too:
- PNE Community & Education Trust
- St. Clare’s Catholic Church
- Farri Park Community Centre
- Penwortham Community Centre
- Preston Community Hub
- The Intact Centre
- Mill Bank Wellbeing Centre
- Moor Nook Chippy
- Larches & Savick Boxing Club
Tasha Cowperthwaite, Community Engagement & Support Officer at CGA has been overseeing the uniform bank and has been amazed at the response received:
“We have been blown away by the kindness shown through donations. The CGA Uniform Bank is allowing our communities to support each other, making them stronger communities to live in. We want to play our part in supporting our communities and have done that by providing a platform, but they have led the way.”
For more information and donation point locations visit communitygateway.co.uk/uniformbank