Benefits and rewards
Our employees are at the heart of what we do.
We have a range of benefits available to our staff at Community Gateway. You can find out about all the benefits and rewards available below.
The wellbeing of our colleagues is important to us. We have a number of benefits and support mechanisms in place to help our colleagues with their physical and mental wellbeing including:
- Health Cash Plan: This allows colleagues to claim money back on a variety of health treatments including dental, optical, physiotherapy and much more.
- Employee Assistance Programme: This is a confidential 24/7 care and support service that provides practical information, resource and counselling to help colleagues balance their work, family and personal life.
- Occupational Health Advice: We have an Occupational Health Advisor who comes in to the office at least monthly, who offers a range of services, including flu vaccinations, health checks, advice, and health surveillance activities.
- Health and Wellbeing Days: We host dedicated days with specialist advice and activities onsite. This has included massages, yoga, nutritional advice, gym classes, and even our favourite Dandy the Therapy dog.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: We have a scheme to encourage colleagues to cycle to work, and additionally we have a lockable cycle shed.
- Buying Annual Leave: We offer the option for colleagues to purchase up to a week’s annual leave each year.
- Birthday Leave: Birthdays are special, so we give everyone the day off.
- Mental Health Support: A number of our colleagues are trained Mental Health First Aiders and Champions, and offer support to colleagues who are struggling with their mental health. We have signed the Time to Change pledge to demonstrate our commitment to supporting colleagues with mental health issues.
- Flexi-time: A range of work life balance initiatives including flexi-time (where possible) enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, emergency and compassionate leave and flexible working patterns.
The development of our colleagues is essential. We offer a variety of opportunities for personal growth:
- Talent programme: Open to all colleagues to apply for, this involves a programme of activities and sessions to develop knowledge across the organisation with sessions on a variety of topics including strategy, finance, housing, and income management.
- Coaching: Delivered by our qualified in-house coaches, and designed to help you identify and work towards what you want to achieve here at CGA.
- Job shadowing: Working with other individuals and teams across the organisation to gain a wider understanding of other areas of the business.
- Sponsorship for professional qualifications: Colleagues can apply for help with the fees as well as time off for college, study leave and travel expenses for professional qualifications
- Apprenticeship schemes: We employ apprentices in a range of roles across the organisation including trades, business administration and customer services.
- Let’s Learn: Our Learning Management System offers a wide range of learning and development opportunities to all colleagues to access remotely
- Leadership and Management development: Bespoke training opportunities for colleagues who aspire to be leaders within CGA, and those who want to improve their skills.
We have a range of benefits and support for colleagues:
- Salary: We offer competitive salaries that are benchmarked with others in the sector.
- Living Wage: We are proud to be a Living Wage Employer and pay the real living wage to our colleagues. Our apprentices are paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age.
- Pension: We operate a pension scheme, which is the Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS) Defined Contribution scheme.
- Health Cash Plan: All colleagues are enrolled in to the plan, which is fully paid for by CGA, and allows cash back to be claimed on a variety of health treatments.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Colleagues can purchase a new bike to travel at least part of the journey to/from work, from their salary, before tax. This works out cheaper than if they bought it on the high street.
- Recognition: We offer a recognition scheme that allows any colleague to nominate another for a token of appreciation.
- Car parking: We have free car parking at our head office for all colleagues.