The Community Empowerment Team at CGA have Community Development Officer's who are available to assist local communities to set up their own action groups/community groups. They can help with:-
- advice and assistance to set up a new constituted group
- access to training to help run the group
- signposting to possible external funders including assistance in making bids
- support to increase partnership working with other agencies
- advice in setting up policies and procedures for the group
- advice on safeguarding
Plus much more.....
The team believe in empowering local communities by giving you the skills to do things for yourself, taking the lead in long lasting, sustainable changes for the better.
Community groups we currently support have been involved with lots of activities such as youth groups, environmental projects, groups for older people, healthy eating projects, gardening clubs to name a few.
Contact the Community Empowerment Team on tel. 0800 953 0213 to find out if there is an Action Group/Community Group near you or to find out more.